The Homewood Collection Photography Competition Purpose, Entry Rules and Guidelines
Welcome to the Inaugural Homewood Collection Competition webpage. The Homewood Collection will be the accumulation of photographic images selected in successive annual competitions. Homewood at Frederick is holding this photography competition in conjunction with, and initial funding from, the Homewood Foundation. The exhibition and sale will benefit Homewood at Frederick’s Woodlands Assisted Living Unit and promote an appreciation for photographic art. Photographers are asked to submit digital images for judging and selection. Twenty-four (24) images will be selected with one image designated as Best-of-Show. If selected for the Homewood Collection, photographers will be asked to submit a specially formatted high-resolution digital file that will be printed on large format, gallery-wrapped canvas at the Homewood Foundation’s expense.
Why Should You Enter?
- The Best-of-Show winning photographer will be the recipient of a $500.00 cash prize.
- There is no entry fee.
- Pull-through Sales: Following each of Homewood Collection’s annual exhibit and sale, your selected digital image(s) will be displayed on the Homewood at Frederick, Homewood Collection webpage with your contact information throughout the life of the Homewood Collection. Persons wishing to purchase a print from the digital Homewood Collection will be instructed to contact you directly to purchase. No commission or fee will be assessed by Homewood at Frederick or the Homewood Foundation.
- You retain all rights to your digital image(s) while you are granting permission to Homewood at Frederick to create one (1) canvas print of your image, which Homewood at Frederick will own, exhibit, and sell.
- Your image(s) will receive extended public exposure by being part of the Homewood Collection’s one-year exhibition.
Important Milestone Dates for the Homewood Collection Competition, Exhibition and Sale
- February 8, 2023 - Webpage available for entries.
- April 1, 2023 - Deadline for digital image entry submission.
- April 21, 2023 - Email notification to photographers whose images are selected for exhibition.
- May 7, 2023 - Deadline to upload selected images in high-definition format.
- June 23, 2023 - Homewood Collection exhibition public unveiling event.
For the rest of the story, please click here.